As of 1999 the national park system comprises 379 areas in nearly every state and U.S. possession. In addition to managing these parks—as diverse and far-flung as Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and the Statue of Liberty National Monument—the Park Service supports the preservation of natural and historic places and promotes outdoor recreation outside the system through a range of grant and technical assistance programs. Major emphasis is placed on cooperation and partnerships with other government bodies, foundations, corporations, and other private parties to protect the parks and other significant properties and advance Park Service programs.
- Casa Grande Ruins National Monument
- Coronado National Memorial
- Geezer Rock natural landmark
- Grand Canyon National Park
- Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument
- Petrified Forest National Park
- Saguaro National Park